Wednesday, January 25, 2006

First flight is done, and it went pretty well. 6:30 hours from Washington DC to London. Plane was smooth, food was edible, seat in the middle was empty; guess that's about all you can ask for. Listened to most of the audiobook 'The second coming of Steve Jobs', sounds like kinda a nut. Always amazes me that all these super successfull, super rich business men all seem to have serious self confidence and an inferiority complex. Guess they all really did get beat up in high school.
Right now I'm relaxing a bit in Hethrow at a hotspot. Actually amazing how many kids are around here. In the international terminal, it seems like it's 25% businessmen, 25% adults, and 50% kids. Other than that, same shit you see everywhere, Starbucks, WH Smith, and Duty Free liquor.

I did get a new seat assignment for my trip to Mumbai, but there was almost a snafu there. Apparently, they gave me someone elses ticket, and if I hadn't noticed 'Drasin' was now 'Mohhammed something something' I'm sure I would have had an interesting boarding experiance. On a good note, this trip should be pretty empty, which means I hope to be able to stretch out and hear the rest of this book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home