Thursday, January 26, 2006

The trip from London to Mumbai was preatty nice, I got a whole row to myself. I'd been told to expeect it, but it was still wierd that at the begining, they walk through spraying insecticide into the cabin. Just not one of those things you're used to seeing.
I don't think it really hit me that I was going somewhere completly new until I started watching the inflight map. First Warsaw, then Kiev, on to Cairo, Tehran, etc.... new cities started showing up. While taxiing into the airport, one thing caught my eye. Kingfisher runs and airline. I can just imagining the DC to NYC on Budweiser Air. Then again, we do have Hooters Air.
At this point I was pretty damn tired, so I took a quick ride to a flat they had reserved for me so I could get a couple hours of shut eye before my flight to Lucknow. The city of Mumbai looked like there was constant construction everywhere. Every road seemed to be building a new barrier, devide line, or whatever. There were also dogs everywhere, just roaming the streets, wrestling, and such.
After that, just a quick (2 hr) flight up to Lucknow. It's actually Republic day here (anniversary of India becoming a republic) which means lots of parades and everything being closed (which is why the broadband here isn't working). I met up with my counterparts for work here, and am looking forwork to a nice long sleep tonight and getting a good start on work tomorow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home